Wednesday 19 September 2012

Week 3 - Goodwood Revival and more!

Following on from last week's party weekend, this week I had another diet wrecker to watch out for - Goodwood Revival! Scott was there with the Vintage Hair Lounge from Friday to Sunday,  taking photos of the hair and makeup makeovers, the artistes at work, the racing, the Spitfire fly-bys and of course the amazing cars.


On the Saturday, Flo and I joined him, leaving home just after 6am, arriving on site around 7.30. We found the pie counter for breakfast. I bought a bacon roll which I shared with Flo and Scott. Having started so early, by around 10am I felt like it must be lunchtime, so went off in search of healthy, hearty food. Big fail! Pie counter again, this time a sausage roll. Again I shared it. Lunch was a bit better - a rather dry (aka not too much sauce, so good for diet) chicken tikka.


This is me with Sharon from the Vintage Hair Lounge. She is seriously funny, extremely good at what she does, and immensely passionate about bringing the style, femininity and glamour of vintage looks into our faster paced world. You really feel different when you've spent time with people who live their lives in a different way, with different outlooks. I love it! Oh, and this is Sharon's lovely mum, Gloria, with a very sleepy Flo...



Festivals are an absolute killer for dieters. I had no idea what churros were before Goodwood. I know now. They are hot gooey sticks of loveliness, full of fat. But soooooo yummy. And mid afternoon, a very welcome snack. I counted them on my WW planner as I would donuts. Oh, and of course, Scott had to buy me a pint of Goodwood ale. Zoiks! We took a hell of a detour on the way home thanks to crappy roadsigns telling us "All routes this way" - a 10-mile trip north to Midhurst, adding a delightful 18 miles and 30 minutes to our journey. I'm pretty sure I ate something rubbish when I got home too.


Still, the weekend was amazing, the atmosphere was fantastic, everyone looked amazing in their vintage attire from the 40's, 50's and 60's and hey, a day off the diet shouldn't make tooooo much of a difference, should it?

One promise I made to Scott when we started this was that the money we DON'T spend on takeaways will be used to buy really good meat, so I bought a couple of beautiful rump steaks for us this week. It was a very welcome treat, and with a baked potato and some Philly it was pretty awesome.

The rest of the week has been pretty good - I made a lovely chicken and vegetable soup with a tomato base, which has been excellent for lunches. I've bought tons of fruit, stopped taking sugar in my tea and coffee, and have generally stuck within my daily allowance.

Even so, it was with some trepidation that I got on the scales this week at fat club. Flo was on the stage at the back of the hall, so I was a little distracted, but, joy of joys, this week I lost 4lb! I now weigh 14st 1.5lb A-ma-zing! Really happy. So, lets see how this week carries on. I've done what I call a "good" food shop, and have bought lots of fish, chicken fillets, Quorn and vegetables.

I'm still feeling really positive, and looking forward to getting my first silver seven at WW next week - basically a silver sticker when you lose half a stone. The 2.5lb I lost before my official weigh-in don't count, as that would have me on 8.5lb already, but next week I'll definitely lose some more. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D