Wednesday 26 September 2012

Big changes in the Chalmers household

Ok, so I'll get to the point straight away today - I lost 1/2lb... I'm a bit dejected about this, but I'm realising this shouldn't feel like a failure in any way - it's still a loss, and I had an exceptional week last week. It takes my total loss to 9lb and my official Weight Watchers loss to 6.5lb. I'll try to explain why this may not have been such a great week in terms of weight loss...

Firstly, Scott and I have rediscovered fajitas. These seemingly innocent little wraps filled with spicy goodness are sneaky little buggers! The wraps alone are 5pts each (unless you buy the tiny WW ones for 3pts) and I always have 2 (before it would have been 3 easily!). I used lots of peppers, onions and mushrooms plus a small amount of chicken (I kept this separate so Scott could lean his towards chicken and I could lean mine towards veggies). Add a dollop of sour cream for 1pt and some salsa and it's not difficult to have a 20 point meal - 2/3 of the points for the day. And we did this two days in a row!

We also ate out Saturday, having a notoriously dangerous Chinese buffet for lunch. I tried to stick with the vegetarian options or the non-battered meat, but the sauces are very high in fat and sugar, so to be honest, I probably used most of my bonus points for the week in that one meal :(

So,  all things considered, I did well to lose at all really - I didn't deserve to! lol!

On a more personal, non-weight-loss related matter, there are some Big changes in the Chalmers household from next week - this Friday is my final shift at Marks and Spencer, so no more bra fitting for me (and no more slightly-too-tight uniform either, for that matter!). On Monday I start working for the Halifax, and will be embarking on two weeks of training full-time. The job itself starts on 17th October, and I will be working Weds-Sat each week. I start work at 8.45 now, so will be sending Flo off to nursery two mornings a week, along with her regular one-day preschool session. She gets breakfast, a snack and a cooked lunch each day there, and will then be with my mum for the afternoons, prior to my collecting her after work.

This new working pattern also means that I will be home for family dinner time and Flo's bedtime EVERY DAY for the first time in two years! The effect this should have on both our diet and our sleep patterns I can only guess at, but I am definitely looking forward to being a mummy in the evenings again. My Mum heard for herself the sort of things people think about working mums sending their children to nursery this week, and I actually feel that the way I'm working things now will be better for Flo, better for mum and better for Scott and I as a couple. Scott will no longer need to schedule his photoshoots around my shifts, as I'll be home before him every day. Hell, we might even have some time to ourselves in the evening occasionally!

It really feels like the right time for me to be making such a drastic change. I'm very grateful for the support from my colleagues and friends in getting to where I am today, and look to the future with an eager sense of trepidation and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D