Wednesday 5 September 2012

First weigh-in

So, since starting my blog Monday I've had an amazing amount of support from friends old and new, with comments and private messages coming from so many people. Quite overwhelming. I'm not running the marathon or doing something amazing for charity, I'm just trying to lose some weight to look better on the rare occasion Mr C catches me on camera and to be healthier for my very energetic little girl.

At the moment we have no scales at home that work, so I weighed myself at mum's expecting to see 15stone something, but was pleasantly surprised to see that my weight has no ballooned - just my body! I weighed 14st10oz on Monday, having started following the Weightwatchers ProPoints plan from that morning. I measured myself too - hips, waist, bust, thighs and arms. It's all in cm on the WW site, which means very little to me, but at least I've made a start in recording my stats so far.

Monday was actually very easy - I started with Weetabix and banana. Not inspiring, but filling. Mid morning however, I had an ominous instant google message from the mister:
 Scott: "How many points in a Belvita breakfast biscuit?"
Me: "Hang on... *uses points calculator to find out*... 2 points.
Scott: "Each?"
Me: "Yeah"
Scott: "Oh. I've had four."
Me: "Four points?"
Scott: "Four biscuits."
Me: "A quarter of your day's ration of points..."

One thing I'm liking about WW is the increased flexibility, aimed at creating more realistic lifestyle choices, less deprivation and a more consistent weight loss. I get 31 points per day, plus the plan allows for 49 bonus points across the week, to be used either as "overflow" if your day's points aren't quite enough, or to save up for a special occasion. As an example, a Lamb Rogan Josh is 24pts - 3/4 of the day's ration or just half the bonus points. The thought of having the option to have a weekly Indian takeaway is rather appealing. Not quite yet though!

Tonight (Wednesday) I had my first weigh-in and meeting. It went really well, particularly as I have already lost 2.5lb - I weighed in today at 14st 7.5lb. Progress already! My wobbly bits are just as wobbly as ever, and my clothes are just as tight, but there is definitely a glimmer, nay, a ray of hope. Let's see how the next few days go. Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D