Wednesday 13 February 2013

Hurrah! No longer "obese"!

There are several ways of monitoring weight, health etc. One that you hear mentioned often is BMI, or Body Mass Index. While not 100% accurate in terms of assessing fitness etc, it is a good guide to healthy weight. When I started on my weightloss journey my BMI was around 33, or Stage 1 Obesity. Not good. Having lost another 3lbs this week I thought I'd look at my journey so far in terms of BMI, weight and measurement.

Ok, so here are the figures. My BMI has gone from 33 down to 28.8, so now in the "overweight" rather than "obese" band. My weight has gone from 14st 10lb down to 12st 7.5lb, a whopping 30.5lbs off! Now for the really weird bit; my measurements. My arms are 6cm smaller on the bicep. My thighs are 7cm smaller. My bust is 8cm smaller (the one bit I'd happily have maintained given a choice!). My hips are 10cm smaller, so 4inches. Finally, and most shockingly of all, my waist is 18cm smaller! That's more than 7inches!

I'm not going to say any more, other than thank you all for reading this. It helps keep me motivated when you all comment and chivvy me along, and your support means so much to me. Thank you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D