Wednesday 6 March 2013

15% off, and finding my weight loss mojo!

Sorry for the radio silence. I had a couple of weeks of "maintaining" which is a cop-out way of saying I didn't lose any weight. Somehow the sunshine and promise of spring have inspired me, spurred me on, whatever you want to call it, and my approach is way more positive now. This week I managed to lose another 2lbs, bringing my total weight loss to 2st 4.5lb, more than 15% of my original weight!

The past couple of weeks have seen some pretty harsh reality checks for friends and family. The one most relevant to my journey is that of a friend who had become slightly complacent with her diet. Without naming names, she has lost a huge amount of weight, and in the same way that I shrug and say "it won't hurt if I have this as long as I behave better tomorrow" she lost focus and put on weight. Seeing the pain and sorrow on her face last week at the meeting highlighted for me the fact that I will never be able to go back to my old habits.

Don't get me wrong, I don't WANT to be the first in the queue for the food at every party anymore, returning two or three times for refills. I don't NEED to drink the whole bottle of wine when a glass will do. And believe me, I don't want to look back in three years time and say, "do you remember when I lost all that weight?" I even justified putting weight back on saying I had looked "ill" when I was a perfectly healthy size 12, ignoring the fact that in the particular photo I look back at I was suffering a nasty flu bug and actually WAS ill. It had nothing to do with my size.

In other news, I have bought myself a skipping rope on the recommendation of one of the guys at work. It is great, because I can skip for free out in the garden. I will be getting the push bike back on the road in the coming weeks too, in an effort to tone up the wobbly bits.

Oh, and if any of you catch me lying to myself about looking ill, please feel free to reference this blog and wallop me one on my still healthy-sized, in no way ill-looking backside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D