Thursday 7 February 2013

Two stones lighter!

It's official! I have now lost two whole stone! Yes, now I am at 12st 10.5lb. I still have another stone or so to lose, but bloody hell, I'm proud of myself! I've been back to making healthy soups, which are a life saver on cold days. Flo even asked to take some to nanny's this week for her lunch, so they must taste good too!

Center Parcs last week could have been disastrous for my weight as there are lots of lovely places to eat and drink. Somehow with all the walking, swimming and spa time I managed to stay motivated enough to make healthier choices. One evening I even shared a pudding with my husband (trust me, this is not something the old me would have contemplated; it would have been more of a "are you finished with that?" before swiping a half-finished pud from him after already finishing my own).

Shopping news now, and this week sees the purchase of a pair of size 14 jeggings from M&S. think leggings crossed with jeans. I went for the tougher, standard fly-fastening sort rather than the tempting but potentially problematic elasticated waist ones. I worry that I would happily munch my way through a Henry VIII size banquet in my too-comfortable waistband and not realise that I had put on the whole two stone in the course of one meal! Lol! So fixed waistbands are a must.

I've also been more adventurous with my footwear, and have been seen teetering about on some rather gorgeous 4" heels with my skinny jeans. Can I just use that word again? Skinny. Ooh, I love it! I know I'm not even close to being skinny, but the fact that an item of clothing which had heretofore been a definite no-no in my clothing repertoire is now not only accessible, but actually pretty comfy too, is flipping brilliant.

In true Jeanie style, I am of course going to celebrate my milestone with a yummy curry. We have kept takeaways as part of our diet because I don't want to live feeling I can't enjoy something naughty occasionally, and certainly don't want to reach my goal weight, eat a curry and put on half a stone. That is not going to be me. In the meantime, I'm off to put on my elasticated trousers for an evening of gluttony, DVDs and perhaps a teensy glass of vino.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D