Wednesday 28 November 2012

It's the final countdown! (diddle-ee-dee, diddle ee dee deee)

As the title suggests, we are in the final countdown of the year, so yes this post is about the run-up to Christmas, but sung in a very cheesy American karaoke voice with optional (compulsory?) air guitar...

Last week I did not blog. "Boo hiss!" I hear you cry... Well, I was feeling pretty let down (by myself) as I put on a pound last week. A well-earned pound, but a pound all the same. I knew it before getting on the scales, and short of turning up to Weightwatchers in a bikini and flip flops, nothing was going to tell the scales otherwise. And yes, before you ask, I HAD shaved my legs and cut my toenails - all to no avail! So no, I didn't blog, and yes, I did feel guilty about it all week.

Failure at the scales did not affect my mood, however, and I had a stonkingly good week at work, hit the shops at the weekend (being paid does make that a better experience!) and did still more Christmas shopping yesterday. I've even started wrapping (yes, wrapping) in November - ME! I've bought lovely crafty bits for Flo and I to make - going for full-on Kirsty Allsop status this year. I bought real meat from a real butchers, and have been eating sensibly, even going for the jacket potato with tuna yesterday rather than the all day breakfast (which was definitely calling to me with its cholesterol-laden voice).

You will, then, forgive me for being rather smug tonight. As not only did I lose the pound I'd put on last week, but an extra 2lb into the bargain, taking my weight to 13st 1lb. I'm nearly there!!! I've officially lost 10% of my body weight based on my WW start weight, which is an official 20.5lb. With the extra 2.5lb I lost between first getting on mum's scales and my first weigh-in, that's 23lb. One and a half stone (and a bit)!!! Tonight I received my 10% keyring at the meeting, and it made me feel even more motivated to keep this going.

Did I mention going shopping? Ooh, yes... shopping when you're losing weight - herein lies the problem. Do you buy clothes as you lose weight (because everything's getting a bit baggy and shapeless) or do you wait it out, see if you can drop another dress size? I'm split on this. I bought a size 16 coat early on in the autumn, and it was a snug but not tight fit. Seeing my reflection whilst wearing it the other day I felt (and looked) older than I am. Much older. Scott reckons it would be better if I put the fake fur hood trim back on, but the shapeless nature of the coat will never make me feel anything other than frumpy in it. Yesterday I found the solution - a gorgeous navy blue (work colour!) fitted hip-length duffle coat with furry hood trim and twiddly toggles. I loved it immediately, bought it as an early Christmas present to myself, and have since shown anyone who'll listen (and many who won't) that it is a size 14! Yippeeeeeeeeeee!

Definitely one of my smuggest blogs yet, but, hell, I think I deserve it! *smug face*

Yet again, thanks for the awesome support, the encouraging comments, and the recipe requests - it makes this process seem even easier knowing you're all behind me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D