Wednesday 7 November 2012

Eating out, Eating in, Eating Everywhere!

Ok, hands up who noticed I didn't blog last week? Or were you (like me) too busy thinking of the poor little mites dressed in skimpy little Halloween costumes, dishing out sweeties to the ones who braved the cold snap and rain and then polishing off the leftovers... not that I did that... much...

I have to admit, I love the autumn - it's a time of year where it's acceptable to dress from head-to-toe in snuggly knitwear, to spend time indoors baking, and to eat delicious hearty soups. Put another way, it's a time when you are more likely to catch a glimpse in a shop window or store mirror whilst wearing said knitwear, plus a huge coat, scarf and hat, and think, "My word, I look big!" It pays to remember that underneath all those layers there is a very different shape, and that everyone else (if they're sensible) is equally wrapped-up and couldn't care less how lumpy you feel. The baking thing, though, can get dangerous. I've found myself baking more biscuits (which I have to eat whilst warm, of course) and this week I've made a huge batch of chutney. Not eating it all is a challenge, so I'm giving things away - it's the cooking I enjoy, not the extra weight when I eat it.

I've had a few "challenging" days in the past fortnight. Days in which, had I let myself, I could have EASILY eaten a full week's worth of points in one meal.

My colleagues and I went out for a Chinese meal last week, all paid for by the company. This in itself is risky - you mean, I can eat what I like and don't have to pay? *Claps hands in delight!* I will at this point admit that the starter platters were very tempting, but my appetite is thankfully less than it once was, and I stuck with the non-battered dishes (mostly) and far fewer items overall. When the crispy duck with Hoi Sin and pancakes came round I asked if I could have hot and sour soup. Not a problem. And boy, was I relieved this evening when I asked my WW leader about my choice - duck pancakes work out at 9points each, and you can easily eat 3 or 4. Hot and sour soup - 4points! Winner!

A good friend of ours came round for a curry just two days after the Chinese meal, and I'm afraid I just had my usual curry, rice, popadoms and naan bread... so I really deserved to put on weight - surely? Well, considering the Chinese was taken up by one week's bonus points, and the Indian meal used the following week's bonus points, I just ate sensibly the rest of the week, bulking up on veg and fruit, keeping alcohol to a minimum and just taking it easy.

Imagine my surprise (and joy!) to find this week that I've lost another 3lbs. This takes my total weight loss to 19.5lb - 1st 5.5lb (official WW loss is 17lb - 1st 3lb). Not bad for 9 weeks. At this rate I should get to my 13st target by Christmas - only 5 more weigh-ins to go and only 4.5lb to lose!

Right, that'll do for now - thanks for the support everyone, and fellow Weight Watchers - hang in there!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing, Jeanie. What an incredible weight loss! I seem to be stuck in a cycle of lose, gain, lose gain, and that means I don't get very far very quickly. Which is demoralising when the friends I go with lose consistently. The big birthday didn't help, but still. Well done you! We are planning a 'reveal' when we reach our target weights - what do you have planned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarai, it does seem a bit too good to be true at the moment. I think I might finally do a proper 1930s style vintage shoot with Scott when I get to my target.

      Delete

Thanks for your support! :D