Saturday 5 July 2014

Clean 9 days 3-4 - eating actual food!

So, days one and two went by fairly smoothly. Withdrawal headaches aside, I've noticed no side-effects other than needing to go to the loo more often, but with the amount of water I'm drinking, I'm not surprised! 
I weighed myself day one and my starting weight was a frighteningly high 13st3.5. I took measurements of my waist, wip, bust, thigh and upper arm, plus Scott took photos from front, side and back. I haven't seen the photos yet, but may share them if I'm feeling very brave on day 9/10. 
So yesterday was the start of phase two. For the remaining 7 days I have the same pattern each day - breakfast; 2 Garcinia tablets, 20 mins before 120ml of Aloe, lots of water and a chocolate milkshake meal replacement, made with 300ml skimmed milk and one scoop of chocolate Forever Ultra Light. Mid morning snack is two bee pollen tablets and more water. Lunch is the same as breakfast. Dinner is where it gets exciting (for me, anyway). I can have a 600calorie meal!!! Yes, actual food!!!
Dinner last night was halfway between a stir fry and a paella - brown rice, diced chicken, peppers, tender stem broccoli, spring onion and mushrooms with a little splash of olive oil and some chilli. Seriously, I don't think I've ever looked forward to brown rice so much! I even had some fresh cherries for pudding. I used "My fitness pal" for the calorie counting, and weighed everything. I was surprised at how full my bowl of food was, certainly not a small meal. 
My evening was plagued by another headache, and I didn't really get the amount of exercise I should have had, but I did take Flo to Frankie's Fun Factory in Romsey, avoiding the tempting coffees, snacks and meals, opting instead for bottled water. So all in all, a pretty successful day.
This morning, day four, Scott has started his Clean 9. I weighed myself today and I have lost 7.5lbs already. Incredible! I just hope I can maintain the healthy eating for us all once the programme finishes.
Anyway, there you have my first few days of detox. Let me know if you want any info :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D