Saturday 21 March 2009

Week 14 - test results

Ok, I'm a bad person for not blogging last week, but we were having a massive clear-out. We've emptied (sort of) our small spare room to be the nursery, so I was Freecycling our old furniture and other shizzle.

Big news this week - I'm finally out of the first trimester! I got the results of the 12 week nuchal fold scan and various bloodtests - it turns out I'm low risk for having a Down's Syndrome baby - a chance of 1 in 17,000 - not bad. I've been showing anyone who stands near me the scan picture, still trying to convince myself it's true. I'm still lighter than I've been in 5 years, so I'm finding it hard to believe there is a new life forming inside me. Chimmy (that's what I'm calling him/her at the moment) is starting to make his/her presence known, though - there is a definite bump starting to appear, though only Scott and I really notice it.

I went to my first NCT nearly new sale today, and really enjoyed it - they have loads of furniture, toys, baby clothes, maternity wear and other random bits like baby baths and cot toys, all being sold by the NCT for mums. I picked up a brand new maternity top from Mothercare for £3 and 3 vests for a fiver, plus some cute new baby grows and vest tops for the baby. Oh, and I got a "Sign with your baby" book, and have learnt about 10 signs already. Woop woop!

Work is getting really hard already, as I'm generally too tired to do much in the evening still, and we've had parent consultations this week. Next week there's a big concert for all my musical kiddies at Central Hall, Southampton, and I'm up to my eyeballs organising tickets and transport for that. I've still not told the children about the baby, as there's really nothing for them to see yet. I'm hoping to last till after Easter before I tell them.

Scott and I have booked a long weekend in Brussels, Belgium - home of beer... what's the old saying, "water, water, everywhere, but ne'er a drop to drink!" - just how I'm feeling. I could murder a pint of Hoegaarden!

Anyhoo, love to all, and please let me know how you're all doing - I love to get emails back :D

Jeanie, Scottie and Chimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D