Sunday 1 March 2009

Week 11 - not drinking with mates

Sorry it's been a couple of weeks since the last blog - we were reviewing the Hellfire Festival at the Islington Academy last weekend. It was awesome - I had a press pass and got photos with lots of rock stars. It was also officially the last outing of my corset for a fair old while. The midwife told me a corset would be fine as long as I was comfortable!

Anyhoo, we had our booking meeting with the midwife a week and a half ago, and apparently I have really good veins! I really like the midwife - she's a good laugh, and is very straight talking. All bodes well I think.

I had my first experience of a child knowing I'm pregnant too - I babysat our friends' young daughter one evening, and she spent much of the evening poring over baby mags with me saying how cute everything is. She said she'd seen a pregnant lady before in a shop. Children really do remember the weirdest things!

As well as rocking at the Hellfire Fest at the weekend, we had the trauma of South West Trains "engineering works" at Southampton, which meant we had to use a bus to get to Southampton Parkway. The bus smelt like a teenage boy's changing room. Yuk! There were "planned closures" on the underground too, so everything seemed to take forever! We became McDonalds junkies for the weekend, as there was nothing else open nearby that I fancied.

Which brings me to my key issue over the past few weeks - food. I have always prided myself on having a pretty healthy appetite, and I've never been a fussy eater. Suddenly, though, I'm finding that I don't want bread or certain types of potato. I walk into the dinner hall at school and feel the need to leave, and quickly. I'm not sick, it's just the smell is so much worse now that my senses are on overdrive. So, in place of school dinners, I'm eating pot noodles which seem to stave off the hunger pangs just nicely. Oh, and I'm loving grapes, natural yoghurt with honey and, of course, chocolate.

We had our first evening out with friends on Friday, which ended rather disastrously. We were sat with some of our best friends in the world, who we can share pretty much anything with, and I was enjoying the congratulations and attention (though I would gladly have swapped my tonic water for a pint of IPA smooth!) when suddenly, I really needed to leave, and was getting impatient watching the last of Scott's Guinness sitting in its glass going nowhere. So I subtly went to pay, put my coat on, then, er, left. Poor Scott was left with comments like, "You're in the doghouse now!" and "You can always stay at mine." The trouble was, I was having an emo moment and had to leave before I seriously made a scene - a serious amount of blubbing and stamping of feet was on the cards. All's well now though - my hormones are meant to settle in the next 3 weeks. Hallelujah!

Right, well I'm going to tile the bathroom (wetroom) floor now, having put over 700 tiles on the walls during half term! Hope you're all well - Over and out for now!
Jeanie.
pregnancy week by week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D