Wednesday 10 October 2012

It's ok to be naughty, as long as you track it!

Some weeks I can walk into my Weight Watchers meeting feeling virtuous, knowing I've "behaved" and avoided over-indulging. This is NOT that kind of week. I walked into the meeting feeling anything BUT virtuous. I have to blame my best friend Kirsty for this. Yes, that's right, I'm taking no part in this where blame is concerned. Here's why:

Eleven days ago I baked delicious chocolate biscuits. 16 of them to be precise. These were 3 points each, so I was careful and limited myself to a couple. However, on the way to visit Kirsty ten days ago I felt that my chocolate biscuits might not be entirely to the liking of our little monkeys, so I picked up a tube of Cadbury chunks and a BIG tube of Smarties (you know, the Christmas ones). We had a lovely time, ate lunch, ate a few biscuits and then looked at the sweets. Kirsty was dubious about keeping both tubes, so I opted to take the Smarties home with me. Flo LOVES Smarties, right?

WRONG!

On the revelation that Flo doesn't like Smarties I steadfastly decided that I could resist them. Unfortunately I put them on a shelf right above the coffee machine, right in my line of sight all day. I managed to ignore the tube for a week, but then the weekend hit. Scott was on shoots all day Sunday so I was a bit down, and sought solace in the little pellets of loveliness. In handfuls. Till they were gone. Granted, this ended up spread over 3 days, but still, a lot of points for not a lot of point, if you see my point. I tracked the tube, using my bonus points, and resolved to be extra good for the rest of the week.

So yes, I blame Kirsty. I love you really, Kirsty, but never ever let me take chocolate home with me.

To make up for my chocolate dalliance, I decided to make a huge vat of soup - always good for a bowl of soup, me. I'd picked up a side of salmon from the bargain shelf in Tesco, so I went for salmon and vegetable.  I made enough for 14 individual portions (only used a tiny bit of salmon though - cut the rest up for other meals). Last time I made soup I thought it would be a good idea to batch up two bowls at a time in takeaway tubs, because in my head I always sit to eat a meal with Mr C. Sadly we don't always eat together, particularly at lunchtime, which is traditionally my soup time. Needless to say, my last soup was in double quantities, with me eating two portions for 5points rather than one portion for 2 points. I would not make this mistake again. My salmon soup I portioned into little Ikea freezer bags (the press-seal ones) using 4 ladles per bag. Each portion - 1 point :D

Ok, so a little bit of penance, a little bit of making amends... but still had to walk into Weight Watchers feeling as though there was evidence of my Smartie-related wrong-doing all over my face.  Incredibly I managed to lose a further 1.5lb this week, proving that it's OK to be naughty, as long as you track it!

So, overall weight loss is now 13.5lb (WW official weightloss is 10.5lb). I weigh 13st 11lb, so I'm getting there, slowly. I think I'd like to aim for 13 stone by Christmas. I'm sure I can do it - 1lb a week consistently from now on should just about get me there. My leader asked me about my blog at the meeting this week, so if any of my lovely Marchwood ladies read this, please say hello on the comments. Thank you for reading xxx


1 comment:

  1. The slower it comes off, the less likely it is to go back on :) Go you!
    It's easy to keep going when it all goes well but keeping going on the straight and narrow after a 'smartie incident' is what I find challenging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support! :D