Sunday 17 May 2009

Week 22 - Chimmy kicks daddy's hand!

It's weird knowing that there is a new life growing inside you, particularly when only you can feel it moving. This week, Chimmy has been making much stronger, more definite moves, and has delighted daddy Scott with a few swift kicks to his hand and arm. She is certainly active in the morning!

I've been very self-indulgent this week, and have purchased a glider chair and footstool for the nursery - I tried them out in John Lewis a week ago, and decided I NEEDED one... but I didn't want to spend £200 on one! The ebay bargain was £30 so I'm chuffed :D

I got to meet up with an old school friend last weekend - the aforementioned Kirsty. It was like we only left school yesterday - we clicked back into the same comfortable status that old friends have. Kirsty is due a couple of weeks after me, so we were able to do some shopping without feeling like we were dragging the other halves out against their wills!

I've officially started my countdown to the start of maternity leave now - 40 more days of teaching - doesn't sound much, does it? I'm now getting frequent funny looks from children from other year groups (who haven't been told I'm pregnant) and a few of the bolder ones have asked me outright. One delightful girl commented, "You're getting fat Miss!" Lovely!

I'm off to Holy Family Church now for the first Holy Communion for a few children in my class - should be interesting - I've never been to mass outside school!

Let me know how you're all getting on too - would be great to hear from you :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D