Sunday 5 April 2009

Week 16 - telling my class

This week has been a bit weird - work has been ridiculously busy and stressful, with data tracking and getting ahead with planning. But on Wednesday I decided to tell my class my news...

They were awesome about it, and asked some good questions, about whether I want a boy or a girl, what food I can eat ("Can you have sugar?") and what the baby's room is going to look like. They swore an oath of secrecy, only telling parents, so even by Friday only a handful of the rest of the school knew. After Easter it will be impossible to hide, as my other excitement for this week is - I have a definite bump! I have even worn maternity clothes and bump covers (basically a band of fabric to make your tops meet your trousers).

I was told that once I relaxed my bump would start growing quicker, and this is meant to be a time for rapid growth anyways, so mum was definitely right! I bought a couple of extremely cute baby tops yesterday with rock and guitar imagery, but I think they're suitably unisex to get away with.

I have an appointment with my midwife Monday, and then I start Aquanatal classes at Romsey Rapids Monday evening - I'll be fitter than before at this rate! What with yoga in the summer too, you won't recognise me!

I caught up with my lovely colleagues at Romsey Primary on Friday, and showed my scan photo... "You haven't seen it? Wow!" Now I think everyone and their dog has seen the scan.

We're off to Brussels, Belgium on Friday for Easter weekend, so I'll be even more Easter-egg shaped by the time we come back after eating loads of Belgian chocolates, and Scott will probably have a beer belly to match.

Loads of love to you all,
Jeanie, Scottie and Chimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! :D